You can make a difference as Director/VP Sales PowerDNS and Security NA at Open-Xchange!
The job in bullet points
As Director/VP Sales PowerDNS and Security NA at OX, you will be part of our Global Sales PowerDNS team and working in the US sales organization.
You will drive our Sales and Business Development activities around PowerDNS and OX Protect in the region. PowerDNS is an open-source software running a significant share of the global internet infrastructure. In your role, you will build trusted relations and close business with big Telco players and strategic partners. This position will be key in contributing to our growth in DNS and Security. Located flexible in the US with decent traveling, you will expand presence at the operator industry and demonstrate thought leadership.
- Sales responsibility of OX PowerDNS and OX Protect in The Americas region
o Winning new partners and customers with focus on Telcos and multipliers
o Drive partnerships with multipliers and develop opportunities with them
o Maintain and expand existing business towards subscriber growth and by introducing new solutions
- Build an industry network at mid- and top-management level to become a trusted sparring partner and influencer and maintain a strong customer relation
- Lead bid management to succeed new opportunities and in tenders
o Elaborate on proposals following Open-Xchange sales process and ethics
o Coordinating internal teams (presales, professional services, legal, finance)
o Calculation of beneficial business cases for Open-Xchange proposals
o Closure of deals incl. contractual negotiations
- Accurate pipeline management and forecast of order entry as well as mid-term planning
- Reporting to Global Sales and Leadership team on key initiatives and big deals during decision making processes
- Contribution to further development of Open-Xchange Sales analytics and portfolio development in DNS and Security by structured feedback from customers and industry trends
- Starting as a sales lead of DNS and security for the Americas region, further team development depending on business metrics
This role will require experience in sales of complex IT solutions to big Telco players, a good commercial and technical understanding of the industry and established network.
Our offer to you
- You bring along relevant professional qualification, at an academic level (or equivalent), ideally combined with previous experience in high-growth software / SaaS environment (and a B2B context)
- Sales experience in IT infrastructure, SaaS, Cloud solutions with track record
- Knowledge of high-level network architecture and key technology trends in telco markets will be beneficial
- Established contact network in Telco industry, CTO organizations, network architecture and/or product management
- Experience in structuring complex sales proposals, developing business models and calculating business cases
- Strong negotiator, understanding the decision-making criteria and processes, how to influence and balance interests to close deals
- Self-starter mentality identifying new opportunities and developing them with the Open-Xchange organization
- Excellent English skills, potentially Spanish or French a plus
- Willingness to decent amount of travelling mainly in the US/CA
Who we are
- Exciting work on a modern open-source cloud software in an internationally operating company
- A world class team aiming for a joint goal of professional long-term partnerships, sustainable growth and technical innovation
- Being part of an Open Internet community driving next generation solutions
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas and design decisions
- Flexible hours that match well with combining responsibilities of home and family with work
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- A culture of open and frequent feedback
- Hackathons, Workshops and Team events
- Continuous personal development & training
- A company pension scheme (401K)
- Attractive compensation and package
- Flat hierarchies combined with an "Open Door" policy
- Parental leave opportunity
- Further country related benefits (e.g. company sports)
We are a hidden champion. When it comes to open source communication, office productivity and DNS-based security software and services, we are one of the leading players out there. Our 250+ employees around the globe are the reason, why our key products – OX Cloud, Dovecot, and PowerDNS – are used by more than 200 million people for their private and business communications via partners such as Deutsche Telekom, GoDaddy, Strato, Orange, Comcast, or web.com.
For further questions, please contact Kerstin Florath via firstname.lastname@example.org.