The job in a nutshell
As Product Marketing Manager (Public Sector) you will be responsible for driving the growth of Open-Xchange Public Sector products initially across Germany, then in other countries.
Who we are
With an impressive customer base, including some of the largest providers in the world, (for example IONOS, GoDaddy, Comcast, KPN, Orange, web.com etc) and with millions of users already using OX Cloud and OX App Suite globally we have already established a strong position in the Hoster and Service Provider markets.
Building on this experience Open-Xchange has already had some early successes in the public sector, with a new strategy and significant investment in place making this segment a priority in the coming years.
With a new Coalition Government committed to establishing a more coherent approach to IT provision across the public sector and with a clear understanding of the power of Open-Source solutions as an enabler of Digital Sovereignty the potential in this space has never been greater.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned product marketing professional to get in at the beginning of this new growth phase and help form and guide the Product Marketing strategy and operational deliverables as we target aggressive growth over the next years. Join us and help make Open-Xchange the default Groupware choice for the Public Sector.
We are a hidden champion. When it comes to open source communication, office productivity and DNS-based security software and services, we are one of the leading players out there. Our 250+ employees around the globe are the reason, why our key products – OX Cloud, Dovecot, and PowerDNS – are used by more than 200 million people for their private and business communications.
The job in bullet points
Our Public sector offering is an email, communication and collaboration package offered in conjunction with a number of partners. This includes mail, calendar, contacts, task (the core OX offering), file sharing and synchronization, video, voice and text chat and user management and admin tools.
- Product Marketing Manager responsible for the success of current and future OX Public Sector products
- Establish and document our Marketing strategy in this sector
- Proven experience working in a complex environment. This role is targeting public sector organizations at a federal, state and local authority level (including education)
- Experience working with multiple suppliers and partners with software deployed across a variety of platforms
- Champion the communication of OX Public Sector solutions and their benefits through all channels including; Customer Meetings, Events, Website(s), Newsletter, Social Media, etc.
- Creation of sales enablement materials: product presentations, datasheets, case studies, whitepapers etc.
- Work with Communication Manager to expand PR activities in publications relevant to the public sector
- Work with PM to position the OX solutions: towards customers, partners and other Open-Xchange teams
- Work with customer success as required to ensure that post deployment customer enablement materials and end user collateral is always up to date and reflects the unique requirements of the public sector
We would be delighted about additional knowledge like
- 5 plus year Product Marketing Experience in a B2B environment
- Excellent German and English skills
- Experience marketing to Public Sector organizations or Large Enterprise customers
- Good understanding of the current political discussions and dynamics around the importance of Open Source and the role of Digital Sovereignty in delivering large scale IT solutions that are both globally competitive and secure and privacy respecting for users
- The ability to navigate complex environments with multiple partners, suppliers and decision makers
- Familiarity with typical public sector and education IT use cases from both a customer and end-user perspective
- Experience selling or marketing software solutions to the Public Sector
- Familiarity with public sector IT procurement
- Experience selling to Public sector organizations
- User oriented, with a passion for explaining the importance of great UI/UX to the successful deployment and roll out of on-prem or cloud software
- The ability to create occasional blog posts and marketing and PR copy in German and English