The job in a nutshell
Technical Sales Engineering is a critical part of serving our existing customers and gaining new customers at Open-Xchange. You will be the technical lead, working both on and off-site to help our sales team. You will present the product, educate the customer and even run Proof-of-Concept exercises. As a Technical Sales Engineer you will work closely with the product and engineering teams, as well as other parts of the Open-Xchange Sales and Service teams around the world.
We are specifically looking for reliable teammates who will focus intently on responding quickly and helping drive the customer engagement forward every day. The right person for this role is willing to learn quickly and try new things in the name of helping our customers succeed. You should also have an eye toward growing within the Global Services team or into different roles across the Open-Xchange organization. In other words, this position is a great opportunity for your personal development. If you want to be an active part of something larger than yourself, you are a proactive self-starter, and you’re looking for a technical challenge as part of a fun team, this is the role for you.
- Provide Technical Presales Support around OX email products, both on site and remotely by phone and video conference in collaboration with our Sales team. Our customers are spread across North and South America and we travel 30% to 40% of the time.
- Manage the technical relationship with key customers throughout the pre-sales cycle
- Investigate and document customer needs and pain points and find OX solutions
- Manage solution architecture, design, and documentation throughout the pre-sales cycle working closely with Service Delivery teams across the company
- Evaluate customer environments, create custom integration concepts
- Gather internal resources for the solution, and write LOEs and SOWs for delivery
- Collaborate with Product, Services, and Engineering teams to build technical presentations for customer and industry events
- Work closely with the local, regional and global Open-Xchange teams
Our offer to you
- Customer-facing experience presenting and demonstrating complex technical products and solutions in an easy-to-understand way – ideally with email or related products
- Highly polished verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience working on system architecture and solution design with other technical subject matter experts
- Experience in Linux-based environments
- Experience with OpenStack and/or public cloud technologies
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding TCP/IP protocol stack, Routing/Switching algorithms and Security and Authentication Mechanism
- Knowledge of email solutions and technologies (SMTP, IMAP, POP, TLS, LDAP, etc.)
- Understanding of million-user, complex environments
- Understanding of authentication technologies, provisioning technologies, and data migration
- Discipline to drive results from a home office and/or OX office
- Working on a modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas and projects
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- A culture of open and frequent feedback
- Hackathons, Workshops and Team events
- Continuous personal development & training
- Flat hierarchies combined with an "Open Door" policy
Who we are
We are a hidden champion. When it comes to open source communication, office productivity and DNS-based security software and services, we are one of the leading players out there. Our 250+ employees around the globe are the reason, why our key products – the OX App Suite, Dovecot, and PowerDNS – are used by more than 200 million people for their private and business communications via partners such as Deutsche Telekom, GoDaddy, Strato, Orange, Comcast, or web.com.
For further questions, please contact Kerstin Florath via email@example.com.