The job in a nutshell
Technical Sales Engineering is a critical part of serving our existing customers and gaining new customers at PowerDNS. You will be the technical lead, working both on and off-site to help our sales team PowerDNS solutions. You will present the product, educate the customer, calculate sizing recommendations, and even run Proof-of-Concept exercises.
We are specifically looking for reliable teammates who will focus intently on responding quickly and helping drive the customer engagement forward every day.
If you want to be an active part of something larger than yourself, you are a proactive self-starter, and you’re looking for a technical challenge as part of a fun team, this is the role for you.
- Manage the technical relationship with key customers throughout the entire Presales cycle
- Investigate customer needs and pain points and find PowerDNS solutions
- Evaluate customer environments, create custom integration concepts, and write SOWs for actual implementations
- Manage architecture, design, and documentation for customer solutions
- Collaborate with the PowerDNS and other product teams to build technical presentations for customer and industry events
- Train other OX team members on cutting edge PowerDNS technologies as they are built
We would be delighted about additional knowledge like
- Customer-facing experience presenting & demonstrating complex technical products & solutions in an easy-to-understand way – ideally with email or related products
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Comfortable with DNS and/or network security technologies, solutions. Experience with commercial DNS/Security products is a bonus
- Familiar with networking protocols like TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6, HTTPS, BGP and Anycast
- Strong Linux systems administration and Linux networking
- Comfortable with NFV, Containers, K8s and other virtualization and orchestration technologies
- Comfortable with Ansible, Git, Prometheus and Grafana
- Level of experience: + 5 years
Our offer to you
- Knowledge of email solutions (Dovecot and App Suite preferred) and technologies (SMTP, IMAP, POP, TLS, LDAP, etc.)
- Working on a modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas and projects
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- A culture of open and frequent feedback
- Hackathons, Workshops and Team events
- Continuous personal development & training
- Flat hierarchies combined with an "Open Door" policy
Who we are
PowerDNS has a small number of very talented employees, and we strive to keep it that way. We have a unique group of people with very broad interests, but a common goal of writing, deploying, automating and supporting great software. At PowerDNS, we believe in offering a great working environment which includes good pay, a free selection of hardware and software to work with, great work/life balance and lots of fun. We hope that in return we get some of your best work. PowerDNS is part of Open-Xchange family.
We are a hidden champion. When it comes to open source communication, office productivity and DNS-based security software and services, we are one of the leading players out there. Our 250+ employees around the globe are the reason, why our key products – OX Cloud, Dovecot, and PowerDNS – are used by more than 200 million people for their private and business communications via partners such as Deutsche Telekom, GoDaddy, Strato, Orange, Comcast, or web.com.
For further questions, please contact Kerstin Florath via firstname.lastname@example.org.