The Dovecot Team is looking for a dedicated player to join the Team.
We're looking to hire a Software Developer to join the Dovecot Engineering Team, preferably in Espoo, Finland, but applicants located in Europe will also be considered.
The job in bullet points
- Writing excellent, understandable and clean C99 code
- Understanding Open source software – your name will be publicly show with your commits
- Secure coding practices – So far there have not been many security bugs related to Dovecot’s use of C language
- Writing unit tests and/or CI tests for your newly written code
- Designing and developing new features
- Debugging bugs, crashes and performance problems. Sometimes this requires understanding external software (or even hardware), such as the kernel, object storage, NFS, load balancer, firewall, etc.
- Writing performance critical code. With Dovecot that mainly means disk IO and memory optimizations, but in some cases also CPU
Our offer to you
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or corresponding work experience
- Excellent C language skills, since Dovecot is mostly C99 code
- Good debugging skills to understand and fix crashes and other strange behavior (gdb, valgrind, strace)
- Deep understanding of at least some of the following: Linux kernel, memory management, CPUs, file systems, TCP/IP networks, storage solutions
- Experience in writing scripts (Python, Bash, Perl)
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian, etc.)
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating requirements, analysis, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Ability to work independently with support the of the OX team
- Goal-oriented working style and high self-motivation
- Team player and ability to communicate well amongst peers
Who we are
- Working on a modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas and projects
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- A culture of open and frequent feedback
- Hackathons, Workshops and Team events
- Company sports - entry to various gyms and swimming pools
- Flat hierarchies combined with an "Open Door" policy
We are a hidden champion. When it comes to open source communication, office productivity and DNS-based security software and services, we are one of the leading players out there. Our 250+ employees around the globe are the reason, why our key products – the OX App Suite, Dovecot, and PowerDNS – are used by more than 200 million people for their private and business communications via partners such as Deutsche Telekom, GoDaddy, Strato, Orange, Comcast, or web.com.
Dovecot is the developer of the world’s most popular IMAP server software (with 76 per cent market share). Part of Open-Xchange, Dovecot software delivers proven and dynamic scalability, high performance, better utilization of hardware, and outstanding support for telcos, hosters, and other service providers. Open-Xchange and Dovecot professionals collaborate with our market-leading customers around the world to optimize multi-million user email installations.
For further questions, please contact Kerstin Florath via firstname.lastname@example.org.