What we offer
As a Dovecot Site Reliability Engineer you will work in the Dovecot Engineering team. You will assist Dovecot Engineering in the day-to-day tasks to achieve container micro services transformation initiatives by leveraging cloud scale architectures.
The position will be responsible for supporting Kubernetes cloud infrastructure architecture and components. This will include prototyping, initiating, and operationalizing of Dovecot Pro solutions.
Your passion / Your job
- Working on a modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas and projects
- Home Office and the opportunity to work from one of our well-appointed worldwide offices
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- Regular cross-border, cross-team events
- Continuous personal development & training
- Flat hierarchies combined with an "Open Door" policy
- Further country-specific benefits
What do you bring on the table
- Plan and design Dovecot architecture to meet system requirements for working with Kubernetes
- Ensure interworking with development, QA and DevOps groups
- Liaise with other SRE engineers
- Develop Dovecot as part of OX Cloud deployment platform
- Influence the technical backlog to develop Dovecot in the direction of cloud readiness
- Work with operations on the specific Dovecot deployment topics (including automated interruption-less updates or rollbacks, testing and telemetry)
- Conduct tests to improve the deployment platform and software
- Advocate for and teach about the deployment platform and SRE topics
- Experience with application development and deployment in Kubernetes environments, familiar with CRDs, CNI, CRI, etc. CKA or CKAD certifications are a nice-to-have
- Knowledge of and experience with configuration management / orchestration. Typical tools: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt
- (Open Source) Software development experience. Languages: Python, Bash
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Who we are
Open-Xchange is a hidden champion. When it comes to open source communication, office productivity and DNS-based security software and services, we are one of the leading players out there. Our 250+ employees around the globe are the reason, why our white label key products – the OX App Suite, Dovecot, and PowerDNS – are used by more than 200 million people for their private and business communications via partners such as Deutsche Telekom, GoDaddy, Strato, Orange, Comcast, or web.com.
Dovecot is the developer of the world’s most popular IMAP server software (with 76 per cent market share). Part of Open-Xchange, Dovecot software delivers proven and dynamic scalability, high performance, better utilization of hardware, and outstanding support for telcos, hosters, and other service providers. Open-Xchange and Dovecot professionals collaborate with our market-leading customers around the world to optimize multi-million user email installations.
For further questions, please contact Kerstin Florath via firstname.lastname@example.org