As Director/VP Sales PowerDNS and Security for the Americas at OX, you will be part of our Global PowerDNS and Security team; and will work with the US sales organization.
The job in bullet points
You will drive our Sales and Business Development activities around PowerDNS and OX Protect. PowerDNS is an opensource software running a significant share of the global internet infrastructure. In your role, you will build trusted relationships and close business with big Telco players and strategic partners. This position will be key in contributing to our growth in DNS and Security. Location is flexible within the US; however, there will be a decent amount of traveling. Your role will be to demonstrate thought leadership; and to expand our presence within the operators.
- Sales responsibility of PowerDNS and OX Protect in The Americas region
- Winning new partners and customers mainly with a focus on Telcos and on strategic partnerships
- Identify, target, and close key partnerships to further expand our presence within the region
- Maintain and expand existing business via subscriber growth and/or by introducing new solutions
- Build an industry network at mid- and top-management levels to become a trusted sparring partner and influencer while maintaining a strong customer relationship
- Manage the business proposal process—both internally and externally—in order to succeed in new opportunities
- Elaborate on proposals following Open Xchange’s sales processes and ethics
- Coordinate internal teams (presales, professional services, legal, finance)
- Support contractual negotiations
- Accurate pipeline management and forecast planning
- Report to Global Sales and Leadership team on key initiatives and big deals during decision making processes
- Contribute market input to further evolve the Open Xchange Sales analytics and portfolio development in DNS and Security
- Position will begin as a sales lead for DNS and security for the Americas region; and will have the opportunity to further build out the team based upon results
This role will require experience in sales of complex IT solutions to big Telco players, a good commercial and technical understanding of the industry and an established network to reach out to.
Our offer to you
- You bring along relevant professional qualification, at an academic level (or equivalent), ideally combined with previous experience in high-growth software / SaaS environment (and a B2B context)
- Sales experience in IT infrastructure, SaaS, Cloud solutions with strong track record
- Knowledge of high-level network architecture and key technology trends in telco markets will be beneficial
- Established contact network in Telco industry, CTO organizations, network architecture and/or product management
- Experience in structuring complex sales proposals, developing busines models and calculating business cases
- Strong negotiator, understanding the decision-making criteria and processes, how to influence and balance interests to close deals
- Self-starter, mentality identifying new opportunities and developing them with the Open Xchange organization
- Strong command of the English language—e.g.: writing, speaking, reading. Knowing Spanish and/or French would be a plus
- ~30% travel is expected
Who we are
- Exciting work in a modern global open-source cloud software company
- A world class team that is aiming for a joint goal of professional long-term partnerships, sustainable growth and technical innovation
- Being part of an Open Internet community driving next generation solutions
- Plenty of scope for your own ideas and design decisions
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home
- Attractive compensation and package
- Equipped with the up-to-date hardware
- Trainings and continuous personal development
- Language courses (e.g. German, English)
- Flat hierarchies with an "Open Door" philosophy
- Excellent benefits
We are a hidden champion. When it comes to open source communication, office productivity and DNS-based security software and services, we are one of the leading players out there. Our 250+ employees around the globe are the reason, why our key products – the OX App Suite, Dovecot, and PowerDNS – are used by more than 200 million people for their private and business communications via partners such as Deutsche Telekom, GoDaddy, Strato, Orange, Comcast, or web.com.
For further questions, please contact Kerstin Florath via email@example.com.