What we offer
Do you believe in the power of data? Do you feel like taking on new challenges again and again and generating previously hidden connections from data together with a highly motivated team?
We are Open-Xchange and as a leader in open source email and productivity software, we use data to make our products and solutions better for our customers – every day.
As a (Full Stack) Data Scientist, you are responsible for IT-supported automated collection, processing and presentation of business-relevant information with a focus on generating actionable business knowledge about the current status and prospects of OX and its respective business environment (incl. our OX products and features).
- Working with a modern cloud software in an international team
- Use of state-of-the-art technologies and access to exciting projects
- Freedom to implement your own ideas and assume responsibility
- The flexibility to work from home or at any location in the OX world
- First-class equipment and an uncomplicated IT-affine environment
- Continuous personal development, training and conference offerings
- Flat hierarchies with "open door" policy, motivating work environment
- A dynamic environment with many opportunities for personal development
- Plenty of opportunities to attend conferences and industry gatherings with your co-workers, and an awesome end-of-year party
- Company sports - entry to various gyms and swimming pools
- You will be responsible for the operational planning and management of our data science projects for OX customers, end-users and partners
- You take responsibility for the field of data science within OX and develop it continuously
- You are responsible for the optimal transfer of knowledge to colleagues for product development, sales, account management and internal training
- Understand our customers' requirements in the context of big data and analytics, conduct pre-sales activities with potential customers and identify business cases to demonstrate customer value
- You develop and program models from machine learning, statistics and AI in R and/or Python and apply methods in the field of data analytics safely
There is a clear need to analyze the customer and end-user (Small Business) Market with respect to the following questions:
- Demand analysis, industries, competition: What type of customers and end-users (Small Businesses) exist in which industries and how are they structured?
- Regional analysis: In which region can we expect a specific demand, spending capacity and competition?
- Requirement analysis: What offering is needed, how do the requirements differ, what does the competition offer?
- Channel analysis: Through which sales channels can we reach customers and end-users (Small Businesses)?
- Dedicated role in gathering market intelligence and supply information and analysis to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales/Account Management.
To accelerate need driven product development for customers and end-users, we have to measure the usage behavior of our product(s) and execute tests (for example A/B tests) to understand what impact changes and enhancements have on product usage. To be successful in this role you’ll be able to:
- Define measurement points in our product(s)
- Describe the technical requirements to store and analyze the gathered data
- Analyze significant amounts of data to interpret the statistics ("read the data") and provide guidance for Product Management & Engineering
- Implement tools and UI (dashboards) to visualize collected and analyzed data
- Use existing data resources like reporting tool data, support database data, download statistics, etc. to build a data pool
- You have successfully completed a degree in Economics, Business Informatics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or other technical disciplines (Bachelor/Master)
- You have at least three to five years of professional experience as a data scientist (CRISP-DM; ASUM-DM)
- You have experience in programming languages, including by not limited to R, Python, SPSS as well as database languages (e.g. SQL) and ideally have experience with additional technologies (e.g. Spark, Scala) and solutions for data visualization
- You have a confident demeanor and are able to work effectively across functions and levels; and are comfortable interacting with stakeholders up to and including executive level
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to “tell the story” and develop executive level presentations
- Ability to develop analytical approaches to answer high-level questions and develop insightful recommendations
- You are naturally curious, have a sharp analytical mind, and can understand concepts quickly
- You are goal oriented, think strategically and business action comes naturally to you
- You enjoy working in a team and have a strong hands-on mentality
- Business-fluent German and English skills round off your profile