Area of responsibility
OX Documents is a web based office suite with word processor, spreadsheet and presentation. You will help with the development of complex web applications for viewing and for collaborative editing of Microsoft Office and OpenOffice/ LibreOffice documents.
- A degree in the field of computer science or comparable professional experience
- Experience in the development of dynamic single page web apps
- Practical experience in debugging web applications
- Solid knowledge of English and basic knowledge of German
Desirable knowledge and skills
- Practical experience in using responsive design and in developing web applications for mobile and touch
- Experience in frontend frameworks and their concepts
- Team-oriented way of working
- Ability to work independently
- Self-organization in a Scrum Team
- Interest in new technologies
Our offer to you
- Working on modern open source cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas for our products
- Hackathons, workshops and team events
- Flexible working times and the possibility to work from home
- The latest in IT equipment and an ergonomic work place
- Training and ongoing personal development
- Flat hierarchies combined with an "Open Door" policy
- Personal growth in a dynamic environment
- Company pension plan
- And of course: Soft drinks, coffee, tea, fruits and the obligatory soccer table!
Open-Xchange is a developer of open source communication, collaboration, office productivity, and DNS-based security software and services. With 270+ employees and a global presence, Open-Xchange is well-positioned to meet the needs of our large Internet Service Provider, Hosting, Telecommunication, and Cable Provider audience. Open-Xchange SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) solutions are delivered by partners such as 1&1, Orange, Italiaonline, Comcast, GoDaddy, and Softbank, with more than 200 million users already using the products for private and business communication.
The core of the product portfolio is OX App Suite with applications for email, contacts, and appointments. In addition, OX App Suite can be expanded to include additional apps such as OX Drive for managing and synchronizing documents, images, and video, OX Documents for text editing, spreadsheets and presentations and OX Guard for encrypting emails and files. Dovecot, the world's leading open source IMAP server software, and PowerDNS, a provider of secure DNS services, complete the Open-Xchange product portfolio.
Open-Xchange is headquartered in Cologne, Germany, with offices in Bremen, Dortmund, Hamburg, Olpe, and Nuremberg. International offices include the USA, France, Finland, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, and Japan.