As a Linux Cloud Administrator in the US you will make the difference
Seeking a highly self-motivated Systems Administrator to join our growing US Operations Team.
This position will support our SaaS email platform, providing service to large customers for tens of millions of end users. Core competencies required include automated deployment, virtualization and mail protocols.You will be expected to provide quick resolution of difficult technical problems. This position will also be responsible for major contributions to technical architecture, documentation and systems project management.
- Work as one of the teams Linux experts.
- Assist with administering mission-critical software such as Dovecot, LDAP, Galera, Cassandra.
- Hardware installation and troubleshooting.
- Shell scripting.
- Server deployment, configuration and management using Chef / Ansible.
- Monitor system logs and activities.
- Participate in a 24 x 7 on-call rotation
- Collaborate with global operations teams.
- Assist with security audit and compliance tasks.
- Document architecture and essential function methodologies.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts: the OSI model, TCP, IP, routing, firewalls, load balancers.
- Ability to work as part of the team but also self-manage.
- Interest in learning new technologies and working with proof of concepts to promote new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; willingness to present technical information to a group.
- Storage concepts including iSCSI, fiber channel, LVM and NFS.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure and virtualization technologies including OpenStack and VMware.
- Experience with object storage platforms. (Scality, Ceph, SWIFT)
- Understanding of multi-tiered applications.
- Experience with logging technologies such as Graylog, Kibana, or Splunk.
- Design operations and implementation scripts and automation; configure and write supporting documentation.
- Ensure availability, scalability and performance of the Linux Server environment.
- Perform ongoing maintenance, patching, hot fixes and software upgrades.
- Develop and maintain operations documentation, disaster recover documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Lead and assist in areas of technical innovations and cost savings improvements.
- Experience with OpenStack
- Experience with Chef
- Experience with Dovecot
- Experience with Cassandra
- Experience with Java
- Bachelors degree in related field or 10+ years experience required
- 8+ years experience working with Linux.
- 5+ years working with VMWare or OpenStack
- 5+ years scripting in bash, perl, python, or ruby.
- Perform security hardening via group policies, local policies, scripting, etc.
- Provide on-call support on a rotational basis as assigned.
- Some domestic and international travel will be required.
What we offer
- A space for your own ideas
- Exciting tasks in an international & diverse team
- Home Office and the possibility to work in any office of our OX world
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- Continuous personal development
- Flat hierarchies with an "open door" policy
- Personal growth in a dynamic environment
Open-Xchange is a developer of open source communication, collaboration, office productivity, and DNS-based security software and services. With 270+ employees and a global presence, Open-Xchange is well-positioned to meet the needs of our large Internet Service Provider, Hosting, Telecommunication, and Cable Provider audience. Open-Xchange SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) solutions are delivered by partners such as 1&1, Orange, Italiaonline, Comcast, GoDaddy, and Softbank, with more than 200 million users already using the products for private and business communication.
The core of the product portfolio is OX App Suite with applications for email, contacts, and appointments. In addition, OX App Suite can be expanded to include additional apps such as OX Drive for managing and synchronizing documents, images, and video, OX Documents for text editing, spreadsheets and presentations and OX Guard for encrypting emails and files. Dovecot, the world's leading open source IMAP server software, and PowerDNS, a provider of secure DNS services, complete the Open-Xchange product portfolio.
Open-Xchange is headquartered in Cologne, Germany, with offices in Bremen, Dortmund, Hamburg, Olpe, and Nuremberg. International offices include the USA, France, Finland, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, and Japan.