This position involves daily activities working with current, prospective and new customers both on and off-site to help our sales team sell our main products Dovecot Pro, OX App Suite, OX Protect and PowerDNS as well as related services. As a Presales Engineer you will work closely with OX Sales, Product and Engineering teams worldwide. We are specifically looking for teammates capable of learning quickly to help our customers succeed. The right person for this role will focus intently on responding quickly and helping drive customer engagement forward every day.
Your passion is your job
- Provide Technical Pre-Sales Support around OX email products, both on site and remotely by phone and video conference in collaboration with our Sales team
- Manage the technical relationship with key customers throughout the Pre-Sales cycle
- Investigate and document customer needs and pain points and find OX solutions
- Manage solution architecture, design, and documentation throughout the Pre-Sales cycle working closely with Service Delivery teams across the company
- Help in design of on-premise system architecture and hardware sizing recommendations
- Gather internal resources for the solution, define LOEs and SOWs for delivery
- Collaborate with Product, Services, and Engineering teams to build technical presentations for customer and industry events
- Work closely with the local, regional and global Open-Xchange teams
What you bring to the table
- Customer-facing experience presenting and demonstrating complex technical products and solutions in an easy-to-understand way – ideally Email or DNS related products
- Experience working on system architecture and solution design with other technical subject matter experts
- Experience in Linux-based environments
- Experience with OpenStack and/or public cloud technologies is a benefit
- Willingness for travel to customer locations
- Understanding of authentication technologies, provisioning technologies, and data migration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, other languages are a strong plus
- Excellent communication and mediation skills - you are an open-minded team player
- Discipline to drive results from a home office
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus some years in customer interfacing role or project management field. Some relevant experience in 1 or more phases of product life cycle.
- Experience within Telco, Mobile, Cable or ISP space would be particularly relevant.
- Strong customer focus with high flexibility and solution driven attitude.
- Highly organized and capable of capturing and documenting key information and actions from customer interactions.
What we offer
- The opportunity to help OX grow, working with customers who are household names around the world
- Working on modern cloud software as part of an international team
- The latest in IT equipment
- Flat hierarchies and "Open Door" policies
- Personal development in a dynamic environment
Open-Xchange is a developer of open source communication, collaboration, office productivity, and DNS-based security software and services. With 270+ employees and a global presence, Open-Xchange is well-positioned to meet the needs of our large Internet Service Provider, Hosting, Telecommunication, and Cable Provider audience. Open-Xchange SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) solutions are delivered by partners such as 1&1, Orange, Italiaonline, Comcast, GoDaddy, and Softbank, with more than 200 million users already using the products for private and business communication.
The core of the product portfolio is OX App Suite with applications for email, contacts, and appointments. In addition, OX App Suite can be expanded to include additional apps such as OX Drive for managing and synchronizing documents, images, and video, OX Documents for text editing, spreadsheets and presentations and OX Guard for encrypting emails and files. Dovecot, the world's leading open source IMAP server software, and PowerDNS, a provider of secure DNS services, complete the Open-Xchange product portfolio.
Open-Xchange is headquartered in Cologne, Germany, with offices in Bremen, Dortmund, Hamburg, Olpe, and Nuremberg. International offices include the USA, France, Finland, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
If you are interested, please contact us for further information - or send us your paperless application with a cover letter including the job ID (see at the top left corner), tabular CV, certificates, salary expectations and the earliest possible date of entry by e-mail to email@example.com.