As a PowerDNS Solution Engineer you will be part of the OX Professional Services Team, which helps our customers worldwide to deploy the PowerDNS solutions in their networks and systems. As part of the team you will work closely with our customers, partners and other OX teams, collaborating in the analysis, design, setup, testing and launch phases of roll-out and migration projects.
Your passion / Your job
- Participate in technical meetings with customers, partners and OX colleagues. Assess customer's requirements, discuss technical challenges and find joint solutions.
- Help our customers to deploy PowerDNS technology, working with them in the design, integration, installation, configuration, testing and launch of PowerDNS solutions.
- Investigate and reproduce complex custom issues, test solutions, help implement fixes with our Technical Support team
- Customer communication and managing (technical) relationship
- Work closely with PowerDNS development and technical support teams
- Hands on training of customer’s administrators and support teams
What you bring to the table
- Experience in analysis, design and setup of complex setups in heterogeneous environments
- Knowledge of and experience with DNS technologies and solutions. Experience with commercial DNS products is a bonus.
- Knowledge of and experience with networking protocols like TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6, DNS, BGP and anycast
- Knowledge of and experience with Linux systems administration and Linux networking.
- Knowledge of and experience of VMWARE and other virtualization technologies is a bonus.
- Troubleshooting skills that go from code to systems to network and everything in between
- Ability and willingness to work independently a part of a European team and to travel international
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English - multi-lingual candidates (in German, Dutch, Spanish or Italian) have an advantage
- Be organized with a strong attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure
Tools and programming/ scripting languages
- DevOps tools: Ansible
- Operating Systems: Mostly Linux (Debian, CentOS)
- Metrics: Prometheus, Grafana
- Version Control: Git, Github, Gitlab
- Data storage: PostgreSQL, Redis, LMDB
What we offer
- Ability to work from both: your home office and our offices in the Netherlands, Spain, Italy or Germany
- A current company laptop (Macbook or Lenovo) with peripherals
- Many options for personal development and training
- Flat hierarchies combined with an "Open Door" policy
- Plenty of opportunities to attend conferences and industry gatherings with your co-workers, and an awesome end-of-year party
Open-Xchange is a developer of open source communication, collaboration, office productivity, and DNS-based security software and services. With 270+ employees and a global presence, Open-Xchange is well-positioned to meet the needs of our large Internet Service Provider, Hosting, Telecommunication, and Cable Provider audience. Open-Xchange SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) solutions are delivered by partners such as 1&1, Orange, Italiaonline, Comcast, GoDaddy, and Softbank, with more than 200 million users already using the products for private and business communication.
The core of the product portfolio is OX App Suite with applications for email, contacts, and appointments. In addition, OX App Suite can be expanded to include additional apps such as OX Drive for managing and synchronizing documents, images, and video, OX Documents for text editing, spreadsheets and presentations and OX Guard for encrypting emails and files. Dovecot, the world's leading open source IMAP server software, and PowerDNS, a provider of secure DNS services, complete the Open-Xchange product portfolio.
Open-Xchange is headquartered in Cologne, Germany, with offices in Bremen, Dortmund, Hamburg, Olpe, and Nuremberg. International offices include the USA, France, Finland, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
If you are interested, please contact us for further information - or send us your paperless application with a cover letter including the job ID (see at the top left corner), tabular CV, certificates, salary expectations and the earliest possible date of entry by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.